Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Penne Pasta Bake

This easy, yummy recipe is from something I saw Guy Fieri make on Food Network the other day.  You know, Guy Fieri, the Diners, Drive ins & Dives, guy?  I figured if he said this was a good idea, it would work - don't you agree??  
I just took some pepperonis (I had leftover from something else I'd made earlier in the week) and put them in a skillet with some olive oil.  I cooked them until they were crispy and heated through.  Then I removed the pepperonis from the skillet and put them aside.  Leaving all the glorious pepperoni infused oil in the pan.

Then I added the ground beef to the oil, seasoned and browned the meat with garlic and onions.

Once meat was drained, I added one large can of crushed tomatoes (like 28 oz) and one can of tomato sauce (like 4 oz or something like that, the little can).  Then I chopped up the pepperoni, which was nice and crispy at this point, and added it to the sauce - you can see the little guys right there on top - yum!!

Brought it to a boil, covered, and simmered for 30-45 minutes.

Mixed with some penne, added a generous amount of mozzarella, baked at 350 for about 10 minutes (or until cheese is melted) and here it is!


Totally yummy & a little different than the normal spaghetti night - the pepperoni shook things up!  Yum!

No comments: