Friday, January 20, 2012

Broccoli Feta Pasta

As you have probably noticed, I'm having a hard time adjusting to 2012!!  Hard for me to get into the swing of things bc 2012 has been cRaZy at our house and I've found myself just trying to keep up!  So here is a fabulous recipe that my husband and I stumbled upon on the Food Network one weekend.  It's a Sara Moulton recipe & it's super fast, super easy, and super yummy!  My family loves it!  And I love it because it's SO easy!
You'll need:
  • 5 oz crumbled feta cheese
  • pinch (to taste) crushed red pepper
  • 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
  • 13.25 oz thin spaghetti (or angel hair)
  • 2 heads fresh broccoli


So easy:  just steam cook your broccoli in a small amount of boiling water until desired tenderness.  I had forgotten how fresh broccoli goes from a dull green to a brilliant green in just a few minutes!  I'm a nerd, but I think it's so pretty!

Then, boil your spaghetti (original recipe called for angel hair, but all I had was thin spaghetti & it worked fine) for half the time on package.  Drain spaghetti and put it the boiling chicken broth (original recipe called for veggie broth, but I used my homemade chicken broth that I have sitting in my freezer awaiting times like these).  Cook for a few more minutes in the broth until pasta reaches desired doneness.

Add cheese and crushed red pepper.  Mix thoroughly and serve.

My picture isn't that fabulous bc I was SO hungry and ready to eat!  The Mister loved this recipe and I loved that it took about 15 minutes from start to finish with practically zero prep!  Plus, I used whole grain spaghetti plus the fresh broccoli, I have to believe it's pretty healthy :)  

A good way to start the new year!  I'm hoping this is the beginning of more consistent posts on Cowtown Cooking in 2012 :)  Happy New Year!

No comments: