Saturday, May 12, 2012

Chocolate Saltine Toffee

This is a recipe I got from Pinterest & made for bunco the other night.  And then I ate WAY too much of it the following day.  Be warned:  this stuff is seriously addicting!!!  And sinfully good!!!  And all you need is:
  • saltines
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 12 oz bag semi sweet choc chips (about 2 cups)
And all you have to do is:

Line a greased (with cooking spray), foil lined cookie sheet (or jelly roll pan) with saltines.  I just used as many saltines that fit in my pan.

Then, melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan until sugar is melted and combined.  I really had to watch it bc it will boil, but you don't want it to burn, of course.  It took about 10 minutes and it needs to boil and then reduce to simmer, but you'll know it's done when the granules are gone & it's all mixed together.

Then pour sugar mixture over saltines - the saltines will move (obviously based on the pic :) and that's fine.  Then put in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes until toffee is bubbling.

Take out oven and let stand 3-5 minutes before pouring chocolate chips over mixture.  Let stand about 5 minutes more for chocolate chips to melt.

Then spread over mixture.  Here's half and half for you to see :)

Then I let it cool on the counter bc I wasn't in a hurry, but it took forever so I stuck it in the fridge.  After it was hard enough, I broke it in to pieces and put it on a pretty plate...  after tasting it, of course!  And, oh my word!!!  Easiest, yummiest, going-to-make-my-pants-to-tight delicious!!
Happy Mother's Day, Chocolate Lovers!!

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

yum!!!!!

Lisa said...

we are making this right now thanks to your yummy looking pictures! i hope mine turns out as good as yours did!