Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mississippi Mud Brownies

If you make nothing else from my blog, you MUST try these brownies!!  I've been making these for a few years (I got the recipe from a friend who also said I could share :), and they always get rave reviews!  Everyone LOVES them.  They are so chocolatey, gooey, sinful, and the best part:  EASY!!

All you need is:
  • Family size brownie mix (9x13 size) make according to package directions (eggs, oil, water)
  • marshmallow creme
  • tub of chocolate frosting
Bake brownie according to package directions.  After the brownies have baked and shortly after you've taken them out of the oven, spoon marshmallow over the top.  Let the marshmallow creme melt and spread.  

Empty tub of frosting into a microwave safe bowl.  Melt in microwave at 30 second increments until melted...

...to this consistency.  Then pour over marshmallow creme.  Spread around to cover entire brownie.  Allow frosting to cool and firm up.  I usually put it in the refrigerator for storage, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

I'm telling you - it's sinful!  Is that the theme of this week??

This picture does not do them justice - these brownies are SO good!!

2 comments:

Erica said...

wow, that looks incredible. I am making that asap. I will report back.

Lori said...

I knew we were friends for a reason...we both LOVE carbs! These were amazing. I'm embarrassed to say I ate the majority of the batch.